Non-fungible token (NFT) market platform OpenSea continues to impress in the new year, with adoption and trading metrics on the rise. The NFT giant has reached a new milestone in the number of active users on the platform.
- Dune Analytics data from Thursday, January 13, 2022 indicated that OpenSea has now crossed one million active user wallets on the platform.
- This milestone is the latest indication of OpenSea’s continued growth in early 2022 after experiencing massive expansion last year.
- Thursday’s news follows reports that the platform has seen more than $2 billion in trading volume since the start of 2022 and could be in line for a new all-time high in trading activity. monthly.
- Earlier in January 2022, company co-founder Devin Finzer announced that OpenSea had raised $300 million in a Series C funding round.
- This brought OpenSea’s market valuation to $13.3 billion, a significant jump from its July 2021 valuation of $1.5 billion.
- OpenSea’s barnstorming start to 2022 is also in line with the level of NFT-related activity that characterized the early days of the year, with popular collections like CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club continuing to generate interest. massive.
- While the platform’s dominance remains unmatched, OpenSea could compete with upstarts like LooksRare. The latter recently launched its marketplace with an airdrop for users.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and receive $100 free and 10% off Binance Futures fees for the first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to sign up and enter code POTATO50 to get 25% off trading fees.