As the global cryptocurrency market capitalization continues to rise, investors are seeing unprecedented investment interest in non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
While the cryptocurrency industry can be called dynamic, the NFT market can be seen as on fire. NFT sales jumped to $ 10.7 billion in the third quarter of 2021, up more than 700% from the previous quarter, while the total value of NFT hit a new high of $ 43 billion in October 2021.
The enthusiasm generated by this space was accompanied by the birth of a new niche: the NFT metaverses. Bloomberg called these interactive virtual games the place “where crypto, gambling and capitalism collide” and the next stage in the evolution of the industry.
Metaverse is nothing new in itself. Second Life, widely recognized as the first metaverse of the internet age, debuted in 2003 and reached over one million monthly active users at its peak. Many successful metavers have followed, including Minecraft and Roblox, which in 2021 have 140 million and 43 million monthly active users, respectively.
Metaverse in their previous iterations had in-game currencies and savings, in most cases of no real value. The innovation of NFT Metaverses is to have native cryptocurrencies that are used for transactions and to receive in-game rewards, all of which have economic value in the real world. One of the most popular metaversees, Axie Infinity is on track to generate $ 2.7 billion in 2021.
Game development company Moon.ws now aims to harness the power of NFTs to launch the very first interplanetary metaverse – Moon.
Moon: Take the NFT Metaverse beyond Earth
Moon is the world’s first NFT metaverse entirely based on the Earth satellite, consisting of:
- 26,000 HEX virtual plots, represented by NFTs, spanning the entire lunar surface, and which can be bought, sold, rented and developed at the player’s discretion – all with the native Moon
- (MY) token
- Develop the Moon as an entirely new civilization, from the ground up – open mines and businesses, build real estate and infrastructure, and create the political structures necessary to administer the “Land of the Moon”.
- A game-winning structure that rewards the best players for winning competitions, creating value in their country, and outperforming their competition through wars, alliances, and superior economic performance.
The gameplay can be described as a combination of Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, and Sim City, combining strategic goals with long-term planning.
Lunar terrestrial NFTs are a scarce, non-reproducible, and finite resource. By developing landholdings into viable economic, political and military lunar countries, landlords increase the value of their properties. These NFTs can then be traded on cryptocurrency exchanges for other cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies, generating real economic value. A series of sophisticated game expansions (special building materials, weaponry, skill increases, etc.) can help NFT owners accelerate the development and success of their lunar colonies, increasing their value more quickly.
Moon is positioned as a unique offer in the NFT Metaverse space, thanks to:
- An impressive number of in-game NFTs for players to improve their performance – extra oxygen stores, extraction tools, moon-friendly excavation equipment, and more
- Additional rewards available by participating in mystery-solving competitions, traveling to the dark side of the moon, and solving conspiracy theories
- Set up the moon as a base for returning to Earth and other planets in the solar system and beyond – becoming a fully interplanetary metaverse
Moon plans to launch at a very positive time for Blockchain Metaverses:
- Sky Mavis Raised $ 152 Million at a Valuation of Nearly $ 3 Billion to Help Develop Axie Infinity
- Games startup Animoca Brands raised a valuation of $ 2.2 billion in October 2021
- Chimeras Raised $ 2 Million In Funding To Develop Its Early Stage Metaverse Projects
By combining unique gameplay, a wide range of NFTs, and an ecosystem designed for long-term growth, Moon aims to become the next big thing in the Metaverse space.
All information on our website is posted in good faith and for general information purposes only. Any action that the reader takes on the information found on our website is strictly at his own risk.