After confirming that AMC Theaters will indeed add Shiba Inu for the purchase of certain products, the company’s CEO – Adam Aron – announced that the addition will come in the first months of 2021.
- One of the biggest movie chains in the world – AMC Entertainment Holdings – has been very bullish on the cryptocurrency industry in recent months.
- It initially announced that it would allow its customers to purchase multiple services with some of the biggest digital assets, such as BTC, ETH, BCH, and LTC, which became official earlier this month.
- Soon after, the company tried out the most popular coin (at least at the time) – Dogecoin, before Adam Aron conducted a poll to determine whether the company should add self-proclaimed DOGE killer – Shiba Inu. .
- As most people voted “yes,” Aron updated on a third quarter earnings call that SHIB would indeed become a payout option at some point, but did not provide the exact timeline.
- In a more recent update on his Twitter page, however, the CEO of AMC informed that Shiba Inu will be available in the next 60 to 120 days.
- Additionally, Aron has indicated that the move will be possible after a partnership with cryptocurrency service provider – BitPay.
Warning #SHIBArmy: Our friends @Bitpay decided to support Shiba Inu specifically because I requested it, so that AMC could take Shiba Inu for online payments for movie tickets and concessions. @AMCTheatres be the first @bitpay customer to accept Shiba Inu. Deadline 60-120 days. It’s a WOW! pic.twitter.com/F54i22hHDv
– Adam Aron (@CEOAdam) November 15, 2021
$ 100 Free on Binance (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and receive $ 100 free and 10% discount on Binance Futures fees in the first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to sign up and enter the code POTATO50 to get a 50% free bonus on any deposit up to $ 1750.